supplementary notes

for my benefit

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

⇒ iPhone, mk. II

Apple revised their iPhone line, bringing it to more countries (Aus. finally included!), better battery, faster data transfer, better software and half price of original...

All well and good, BUT, once again, they won't be getting my dollars. The unjustifiably low-spec camera (2MP in 2008? Come on!?!?!?), 130g+ weight and size pretty much exclude it from my phone criteria.

Hey Apple, here's some free market research: make a phone I actually would want to buy! Then I'll buy it. Don't force feed me a phone with features I'll never need.

My phone criteria:
  • 3MP + (autofocus mandatory, otherwise, what's the point?)

  • video recording function (yep I use this). I mean if it can playback video, then why can't it record video?

  • minimum 4GB memory (onboard or expandable, I don't give sh!t)

  • music player



now for the options--the phone don't need this, but it'd go a long way towards making me want it:
  • use of miniSD format--cuz it's dirt cheap

  • USB connector in the box

  • 3.5mm headphone jack standard (i.e., not an add-on cost SONY ERICSSON, I'm looking right at you!

  • slim design, preferably NOT a slider

  • weight < 100g. I'm going to be carrying around in my pants all day. Not having to carry that extra gram-age is important


don't care about fancy touchscreen...

Labels: , , ,

♥♣♦♠