supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, June 08, 2008

⇒ long weekend day 2:winter fit

i thought about my overall gym going purpose before i went today. I don't remember the why of it anymore. It's not for
  • marathon--4+ hours of running seems ridiculous
  • vanity--adonis complex has faded, I don't care for it
  • strength & fitness--I'm a computer jockey
  • and weight loss--I've been trying for 3-4 months but the weight ain't coming off...


anyhoo, had a serious physical breakthrough today...the recent runs have been improving--I've paced myself better and gotten progressively more and more patient. I ran my first full 2.0km today! Did it in 12', which is another first for me. I went on to reach 4.0km in just under 30' (another best) and finish in 34'53" (beat the old record by 3 minutes?!?!?).

I dunno. I had a bowl and a half of chips w/ gravy and ketchup last nite...and a black russian...not too much hydration either...I just switched on today...I was smiling through the run! I was on track to finish in less time but I got excited/greedy and faded...but still very good today. Also consider I ran 5.0km yesterday too!

2.0km continuous in 12'07" (both new bests)
388KCALs over 5.0km, 395KCALs total (new bests)
34'53" total 5.0km time (new best)

bench:
8*60, 12*50, 12*50, 12*50,
other weights, stretch. No swim, no bike (pretty bad weather)

Labels: , ,

♥♣♦♠