supplementary notes

for my benefit

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

⇒ re-meaningful

important career decision made today

after thinking things through repeatedly and very carefully, I've come to the conclusion (well I'm pretty damn sure) that I did the right thing by not following through with DSD. As exciting and adventurous as the job and idea sounds, I know that in reality, the misery will set in real quick. All the extra pay will go to rent and travel/car, which is pretty much mandatory in the capital.

I know I have to do something meaningful with myself, but I don't know what. I'm more design than computing, and even so, I'm barely design. DSD is, in theory, meaningful, but I can't do it long term, I know that. To be realistic, IBM is not a place for designers either.

I dunno, after this, I have to do what's right for the rest of my days and look for meaningful work/find something meaningful to do.

I'm so saddened. That same realization that hit me last year, that work is all that I'll do from now on, has just resurfaced...

Labels: , ,

♥♣♦♠