supplementary notes

for my benefit

Thursday, May 08, 2008

⇒ irony, double up

went to Theo's academic prize ceremony today. Straight from work to USYD.
Pros: Bro won award, fast moving ceremony, food and (alcoholic) beverage 'closing ceremony'
Cons: lack of passion and creativity in speech-making zzzzzzzzz

So we got home and I open my letter from USYD--I'm expecting a bill or some student financial statement, but to my surprise I'm going to receive an award!!! There's a full ceremony and everything.

Here's the irony: we just got home from the exact same shindig for science faculty
Here's the double irony: the entire 6 and a bit years I wallow at uni, I get nothing. The very moment I dropout, they throw me an award!

Well I guess I've really made my point now (about work, uni, intelligence, success):
I'm not unemployed, an idiot or a loser. In your face anyone who doubted me!

Labels: , , ,

♥♣♦♠