supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, May 04, 2008

⇒ consistency and progress

Let the record reflect that Andrew defeated Willie in Poker and took money off him (amongst others) totalling $80. Go Andrew.

Went to MCA, not too bad...some interesting pieces but overall I thought her critique of consumerism was nothing special. Some of the methods/individual sections were interesting though.

Made it to the gym after. Ran better than other days overall (20' session) but my legs hurt before starting to run so I see it as good progress. The first section I ran 800m, then walked abit, then did the second section almost as good as the first. Totalled 2km in 13' (and walked the remaining 7'). That I figure is about as good as I've ever run. I felt pretty comfortable running the first section too. Factors possibly affecting perf:low hydration before, alcohol in body, ongoing sore legs, cold but sunny weather.

Rode the bike for 20' on level 8. Total cardio-KCALs: ~250.

Anyhoo, tried something new with the weights:
8 x 55kg bench, followed by
8 x 50kg bench, followed by
12 x 40kg bench.
later 20 x 40kg bench.
that totals: 2120kg

Didn't swim because the weather is cold. It looks sunny but it's cold. Risk to health, etc...I think I'll switch my exercise plan a bit: 2 bike sessions (2x20', level 10 and level 8), high reps of weights (main focus to areas other than chest), and try to go earlier in the day, say 10am.

Labels: , , , ,

♥♣♦♠