supplementary notes

for my benefit

Saturday, April 26, 2008

⇒ 30

renewed that membership today. 29 visits left...

good weather, adequate preparation (not 'good', but adequate) and low stamina = short gym visit. On the other hand, new benchmark: 1.4km in 7'45" (close to personal fastest time over that distance ever!), then went for a swim too.

Basically, I woke up late, ate a bowl of Pho and didn't give enough time to digest/hydrate so I cramped up abit. But I did run hard though! Good response from my legs, chest felt ok, mouth not too dry, relatively high speed on treaddy...I was makin' waves! And sweatin beef juice! And Pitos...Damn you Pitos!

Watched Elizabethtown the other day...not a good movie. I can see the logic behind the ideas...it all seems good on paper, but the success relies on a charming and personable lead--two things which Legolas is devoid of. The whole time I felt like I was watching him perform a piss-poor Jerry Maguire impersonation. The only moments of whimsy for me were at the end, when Susan Sarandon gave tribute on stage, and when Free Bird was played...For the record, no movie with Legolas in the lead has been successful:
Pirates trilogy - succeeded ONLY because of Captain Jack
Lord of the Rings trilogy - succeeded because of Tolkien, PJ, ensemble cast
Troy - Brad Pitt and Eric Bana were the leads
Kingdom of Heaven - tanked

As much as Super-thetan Level IX Cruise pisses me off, I'll concede he's got more charm and acting ability than Legolas

Labels: , , , , ,

♥♣♦♠