supplementary notes

for my benefit

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

⇒ i surrender!

recently binged and purged my disgusting, vile, selfish consumerist urge...by buying up everything I've 'even sort of' wanted since the dawn of uni (my uni time, not Uni itself!). Let's see, in pretty much chronological order, I picked up:
converse double upper, black/milk lo cut
converse double tongue, white/olive lo cut
sneaker freaker collected paperback
another sneaker book I've forgotten the title to
lone wolf and cub vol. 12, 23, 27 and 28 (completing the set!)
JAG jumper/sweater
JAG t-shirt
god of war (PS2) twenny-bux!
god of war 2 special edition (PS2)
guitar hero 1 (i got 2 ages ago) on the cheep!
GTA: San Andreas twenny-bux!
Foster's home for invisble friends dvd set volume 1
Harvey Birdman attorney at law vol. 1
Hulk 2-disc special edition (was $9.95 Bargain!)
coming to america special edition 2-disc eddie! ed-die!
zatoichi the blind swordsman dvd jap-tap-climax!
batman haunted knight
batman dark victory
justice volume 2 (it's alex ross man!)
path of the assassin volume 1
shadow of the colossus (PS2) brand new collector's edition in transit
ico (PS2) brand new
we ♥ katamari (PS2)
resident evil 2 (GCN)
resident evil 3 (GCN)
resident evil code veronica x (GCN)
hungry jack's whopper meal
need for speed most wanted twenny-bux!
prince of persia trilogy box
okami!

I think that's pretty much it. Had I remembered/come across it at the time, I would have also gotten:
converse double upper, parchment/navy lo cut
samurai executioner vol.1
the dark knight strikes again (for completion)
spider-man: reign
metroid prime 2
rez
metal gear solid 3: subsistance
toy story
toy story 2
wallace and gromit curse of the were-rabbit
Aqua di Gio aftershave (smells purdy)
plenty of other stuff to pick-up down the line...this should hold me for now.

feck you eBay! just when I think I'm out, they pull me back!

on the issue of collectivism, obsession and materialism, 'yes'. I'm told the life I currently live is poor (it's not rich but we do ok) so having stuff makes me feel better about being borderline welfare while other prix mooch off their custom-schooner-toting parents. Lay off. We were robbed by the war.

other topics:
wearable display smoking jacket | v low-light digital photography at last. 1-Lux sensor. But I thought the luminosity unit of measurement was the Lumens or Candela? | this happened to my dad, when he was buying us a PC this was during the pre-uni-heavy-HSC era when I didn't and couldn't know better!)


I have alot of other 'issues' going on right now but in keeping the overall light tone of the blog, I won't post just what exactly. They shall thus be known as 'squash issue', 'friends issue', 'exercise issue', 'career issue' and 'masters degree continuation at this university or drop altogether issue'...meh

milhouse: "yeah!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

♥♣♦♠