supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, April 22, 2007

⇒ kicks in the head/the #23

23 today. I never imagined that I'd still be involved with Uni up to this point in life. 23 on the 23rd. I hope this year brings me great fortune (I don't mean just money)

I squandered a bit today (I think I deserved it!). As with my 20th back in '04, I picked up some especially significant things, as a way of sort of closing the circle--in '04 I picked my first Jack Purcells--Off White/Navy in size 10 mens and several volumes of Lone Wolf. Fast forward to the present, I've collected a pair of black Jack Purcells along the way, Chuck Taylor All Star laceless slip-on (I kept my promise never to pick up regular Chucks--too prominent), and now I add a Black/Milk Chuck Taylor All-Star Double Upper low cut in size 9 (hard to find at this point in time).

I also picked up a Chuck Taylor All-star Double Tongue in White/Green/Olive. It's awesome the way these colors come together. Minty green-fresh. After letting the parchment/navy Chucks Double Upper low cut in 9 get away from me, I wasn't about to let the same thing happen again. These babies are full-fresh, the just got out of the box on Friday and I didn't notice them on the shelf yesterday so I have no idea how long they've been in the wild but it couldn't have been longer than 23hrs!


I also got 2 sneaker collecting books--I won't start sneaker collecting mind you, but I do follow the culture to a point.


I've actually been trying to get my hands on the Parchment/Navy Chuck Taylor All-Star Double Upper low cut in size 9 (very hard to find at this point in time--damn limited edition!) so I dunno, that might be a future project for me. That and the white leather Jack Purcells! I got kicks on the brain!


I also placed an order for the final volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub I'm missing: 12, 23, 27 and 28. This finally completes that saga of my life. I hope I can open up something exciting and new with the dawn of my 23rd year...

BTW, we gave mum her present early. I think she really loves it =)

Labels: , ,

♥♣♦♠