supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, March 16, 2008

⇒ run like crazy

went to gym today. Ran 5k and did good! Firstly, the weather was something like 32 deg C, so it was hot to begin with. Secondly, consider that on Friday and Saturday (the two preceding days), I ran 5km on both days too. That means I've run 15km in three days, my new best(?)

Having said that, I broke several personal bests and set an all new personal 5km record! I did it in under 40' (about 39'56"). I went crazy and planned it out beforehand, guesstimating about 8' per km or about 3 laps every 8'. That plan sort of worked. My legs hurt from the very first step, but I really really pushed myself today.

I ran the entire first km non-stop (time was about 7'). I was actually on track to run the 5k in about 35' but the pain in my legs and adjustment to the new plan took some getting used to and required slowing down, add to that my profuse sweating and need to rehydrate. Totaled about 370 KCALs and average of 7.3 km/h (up from yesterday's 7.2). Still very happy about that progress. (My legs are killing me!)

Further to that, I stretched before and after the run, did 3 sets of bench, 3 of chest fly and 2 inclined bench. All followed up with a swim.

Slimming down is progressing slowly, but I guess that's expected considering I had an 11 month layoff. Damn, 11 months of damage (excessive salty foods, little exercise, high stress) takes a long time to undo...

I got 6 visits left...

side note: all-time personal best for 20' on treadmill: 3.2km (circa 2003 or 2004) which equals an average of 9.6 km/h

Labels: , ,

♥♣♦♠