supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, March 09, 2008

⇒ the next 5k

made another 5k today! i went a little crazy and tried out my 'it doesn't hurt' mentality and it sort of worked. Totalled 5k in ~44', which is an all-time personal best...well I'm pretty sure it is anyways. Burned about 350 KCALs just on the treaddy.

did about 10-12 sets of upper body, including a set of bench press, with no spotter. I let the fear of injury give me strength. I'm getting pretty comfortable with 40kg now.

As it turns out, I woke late, ate late, went late and a as a consequence, I ended up with no time for swimming.

A NOTE: after the run, I didn't feel too worn out...good hydration going right now, but my right shin and calf are really hurtin'. Not sure why (hurt before I ran), and I reckon it was holding me back from setting better times on the treadmill.

The high-rep plan is going well for my upper body. Starting to see some results(?) But the midsection is alot harder. Diet must be very strict.

Labels: ,

♥♣♦♠