supplementary notes

for my benefit

Saturday, January 13, 2007

⇒ Lone Wolf/Federer loses match

(break: w9d2-->days on break: 65)

I was alerted to a book sale today. And when they say sale, they meant it. Lone Wolf and Cub for 5 bucks a pop! I couldn't believe it. I picked up 12 volumes (13-22, 25, & 26) which were in very good condition. There were 2 more volumes there that I didn't have but the condition wasn't worth getting. I know it's gonna bug me down the line. Now in order to complete my entire collection of Lone Wolf, I just need vols. 12, 23, 27 & 28. It's taken me almost 5 years to collect 24 of 28 volumes. Sometimes I was broke, most other times I was preoccupied but I never lost interest.

After that, I dunno, I might start up a Lady Snowblood(partially inspired Kill Bill and spawned a movie or two), Path of the Assassin(about the legendary Hattori Hanzo) or Samurai Executioner(the sort of prequel to Lone Wolf) set. Something by Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima--I'll sample 1 volume of each and see which one is worth adding, like what I did with Lone Wolf. Or I might look into Crying Freeman. The movie kicked ass (mostly due to Mark Dacascos) so the comic should be promising. It's also by Koike and Kojima. Midnight Eye Goku is also worth a look, thanks to the hellacool anime. I wonder if there's some anime floating around of Miyamoto Musashi, preferably by Goseki and Kojima. Or even Onimusha. Yeah, that would be awesome.

Here's Musashi killing a whale that dare cross his path!

I also picked up a book called Moving Pixels today. Normally it goes for $60 but I got it for $10. The dust jacket was a little worse for wear but nevertheless still a great get.

Had Subway for lunch. Footlong Roasted chicken on Parmesan Oregano. All salads except carrot, cucumber & spicy pepper. Cheddar cheese. Toasted. Ranch dressing was a bit on the thin and bland side. No salt and pepper. Got the meal (cookie and drink too). Anzac cookie. Large Coke. Also, I like my subs slightly crunchier and cheese a little more melted/burnt, so leave it in the grill longer! I ate too much. Felt so bloated and immobile after chowing down. I should have gone with the swiss cheese and maybe honey mustard.

The Kooyong classic final on today. Roger Federer lost (wtf?!?). Roddick downed him 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. I'm shocked, I can't remember (if ever) Federer has lost by such a margin. But 2 things about this final:
1. you only need two sets to win, so if Federer played for another 2 sets, who knows, Roddick may have gone down.
2. it's considered the preliminary event to the Australian Open. According to experts, most tennis players don't take it seriously/play with full ability. Whatever.

I will be tuning in to the Australian Open telecast. Every year at this time I used to watch it during breaks at my graveyard shift. Two memorable moments: when Roddick and El-Aynaoui played a 5 setter finishing with a record breaking tie-breaker for 5 hours; and Federer dispatched by a peak performance Safin is the semi-final (which we all knew was the true final). Good times.

listening to: Queen, Ennio Morricone's Lolita soundtrack (1997)--it's amazing, it gives me shivers, David Bowie, T-Pain, Three-6 mafia.

watching: Croupier (interesting-->I swear Clive Owen would've made an unbelievable Bond, but Daniel Craig is frickin' awesome too, I'm just referring to his amazing physical and characteristic resemblance to the description of JB), Pet Sematary (sh!t, what a waste of time, I wasn't scared at all and the movie had almost nothing to do with the title).


we are the champions, my friends,
and we'll keep on fighting, til the end...
we are the champions, we are the champions,
no time for losers, cause we are the champions...of the world!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

♥♣♦♠