supplementary notes

for my benefit

Friday, January 12, 2007

⇒ gym n swim

(break: w9d1-->days on break: 64)

went gymmin and swimmin today. I went in the late arvo because it was way too hot before that. Probably in the high 30s today. Didn't get up to much else for the same reason.

I was gonna go easy today but instead pushed my limits and made some progress on upper body work. I focus on doing more reps these days. Did the vert. chest press, back thingy, shoulder thingy and chest-butterfly thingy. I swear the weights have been mislabeled or I've gotten considerably weaker in the time I didn't go gymmin last semester. I used to be able to chest press 100+ kg (225lbs) and now I find 70lbs challenging.

On the cardio side, I rode the shit out of the exercise bike today, level 9. Made 12.1km in 20'. I guess that's pretty good. I feel pretty good about it. I did the exercise bike to change up my cardio work (from the treadmill) and thus I wasn't going to do any treadmill work but I ended up doing 20' on that as well. Mostly walking though. Made about 2.2km in 20'.

As usual, I cooled off with a swim after that (not really swimming, just being a jackass in the water).

I'll try do something moderately interesting/exciting tomorrow.

Labels: ,

♥♣♦♠