supplementary notes

for my benefit

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

⇒ iPhone/Double Delish

(break: w8d6-->days on break: 62)
[Apple iPhone thoughts]

Apple unleashes the long anticipated and much speculated iPhone. Looks hellacool. PDA-ish but hellacool. Multi-input touchscreen and sensors! The next revision or the one after it will probably end up being my next phone on the strength of it being 1. an Apple and 2. a phone/mp3 hybrid from the get-go. Bundle that with higly-probable PowerBook compatibility and it's place in my pocket is almost assured.

Critique: The camera-just get the megapixel-age upwards (waaaayyyyyyyyyy upwards) of 3.0 chums, I've been playing with true 2 Mpixel for over a year on my SonyEricsson. The size-shave down the size! It's quite long (11cm long is not going to be comfy in my pocket) Get it to iPod Nano/Mini proportions. The weight-closer to 100g pls. Battery-life--Sony managed to keep me coming back for years for many reasons but one thing they did better than most was battery life. Find a way to push it to the limit. It must scrape triple digits. I know we're getting a widescreen video-wireless internet-Apple branded-mp3 playing goodness but in the cutthroat world of mobile phones, you have to go three better than everyone else, especially if you've not yet established yourself in this particular market. Still I am interested. Memory size seems adequate (4 or 8GB), wireless G and Bluetooth 2.0 supported--that's good. Sleek design, smooth finish, widescreen video, wireless internet, good screen and Apple functionality. Mmm-iPhone (drool). Many unveiling pics here.

But many unanswered questions remain:
Will a headphone jack be standard on the device? (oh please God, make it so! SonyEricsson jacked me out of another $60 to buy the handsfree which allows for the standard headphone jack). Don't make the same mistake, you are the company that churns out iPods, after all. Current signs point to yes (yessssssss!)
What video formats are supported?
What video formats will it be able to record in, if at all?
Is it a slider? What does it slide out to reveal? The keypad is touch.
How fast is the touch keypad? Many of us get up to some crazy speeds when texting/dialing.
Is it flash-based memory?
How does it know what was an 'unintentional touch'?
What kind of JAVASCRIPT/coding language support will it have?
What web browser will it use? Modified safari? Opera mini?
What about Macromedia Flash support?
.

More questions remain, but now is not the right time. Currently, I'm not tempted to get it immediately. It's nice but I've had most of those luxuries for over a year now on my SonyEricsson and for much much cheaper. The screen's pretty good but hasn't this been far surpassed? BTW, the mp3 playing functionality coupled with wireless internet seems like a slight in Micr$h!t's direction (read: Zune). I guess business is business. Stevo:"Rub him out".

one more pic 'cause it's so purdy. One last fleeting though: Apple are probably gonna overhaul their iPods again to make them (particularly iPod video) seem less competitive with themselves.
[/Apple iPhone thoughts]

kidrobot. A sort of homebrew modeling supplier. You buy the parts and put it together. Creative! | Here's an example of a kidrobot project, it's from Gears of War | wiki entry on Lithopedion. This is a fossilized embryo which does not leave the mother's body for some number of years. Just read the entry |
One last thing before I star my food story. I recently upped to Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and noticed it's stolen copied incorporated many of Opera's winning ways, such as session recovery after crash and tabbed browsing memory. It's yet to get a crazy good download manager and notes tab though.

Funny story, I went for walk around the city, and it was quite warm today, so I planned for a bit of gym and swim in the late arvo. Contrary to my plans, I gave in to Hungry Jack's and ended up too satisfied for anything else, I ended up sleeping through the afternoon. That's why I didn't go gymming or anything. Or watch tennis. Or Seinfeld. You get the idea. In my Double delish frenzy I was too whacked out on tomato relish and two grilled beef patties that I neglected to maintain my most sacred temple.

I tried to resist Hungry Jack's temptation. How foolish. I should have known that low low price couple with a value meal with unlimited refills for only $2 more would've corrupted me and made me miss a gym appointment. As my philosophy on temptation goes: the beast way to beat it is to give in. And now the details of the burger; Hungry Jack's Double Delish. My god it was good. I feel ashamed that it was so good. Maybe it was that level of goodness because of the guilt I associated with it. Maybe it was the tomato relish. But I do know that next time I chow down on the limited edition burger (and I WILL chow down again--it's one of the few that can make me miss a Whopper appointment, also see my previously aforementioned philosophy of temptation) I will try to enjoy it more, like a cow slow-digesting its share of prime cut green. And the burger itself is only $2.95. I must learn a method of snap-freezing and preserving it for future enjoyment. Greedy corporate types will surely try to keep us apart once they learn of our forbidden union. Damn those bastards. Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

Labels: , , , ,

♥♣♦♠