supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, September 21, 2008

⇒ what in the world

Exitreality launched--a 3d web browser. I've not yet tried it, but sounds shit--I mean, if you have to 'walk' everywhere to get to a webpage, it's going to slow down the surfing experience.
'ATM for books'. If there's one in Sydney, I'mma find it and try it.

games' 'hard' mode: hard | canon eos 5D spec | more Canon action | world's smallest pc | making of MGS4 | sweet sf home sticks...btw, sf4 = teh disappointment | broken vinyl + train = awesome | MAC OS X 10.5 released | crazy computing power from Cray | LittleBigPlanet design jam | FFXI boss bitch-slapped | Gunpei Yokoi papercraft | popular now on teh internetz: 'demakes'. Basically, you take a current game IP, and imagine what it would have been like on a retro system. | 10 commandments of facebook (according to cracked.com)

saw Hellboy 2 tonite. M'yeh, alot of things I liked and yet something lacking, maybe the pacing wasn't tight enough. I also thought Doug Jones did a poor job in comparison to David Hyde Pierce. Sorry Doug. The fantasy was great, the costumes, art direction, production design and style: all great. Nuada = slippery, but cool. Nuala = schwing. Wink = cool. Stock agent characters getting eaten = nasty but alrite. Creepy cat-devouring lady? Disturbing-cool. Not so great: noob Johann--the guy in the suit didn't body-communicate particularly well. Same goes for the voice. Not much about the character was likeable or interesting.

I'm preparing myself for the great yoghurt-dessert invasion of sydney: we all know it's overdue. America's had it for a while now, and it's turned over megabucks. It's just another one of those stylised-franchisee-chains that periodically crop up with some diet staple presented in a new way.

btw, movie prices (like fuel) have gone up and will never come down. To hell with this, greedy cinema peddlers can suck on my hairy left one, I got a HDTV now. I'm never going back to cine. What a ripoff!

Labels: , , , , , ,

♥♣♦♠