supplementary notes

for my benefit

Sunday, December 14, 2008

⇒ final days

as the year draws to a close, let me reflect on my 'growth' (sounds like an unwanted sore on my back):
    personal:
  • Exercised with some regularity...I'm in better physical condition than this time last year (MUCH better) but still 5kg over the year before that.

  • trying to take care of my parents, yet I can barely take care of myself


    amorous:
  • nothin goin on here

  • I both want and decry this loneliness

  • ok, not true...someone may have infatuated me...but she's very unobtainable

  • i love all women, you know that...

    professional:
  • I won an academic award this year. My first was in 2nd grade (school's honour board), my last before this one was in 2001. Feels good.

  • career continually stalled...I've got too much dignity and pride to rollover and take it from a$$hole superiors that I work with. Don't get me wrong, I can take direction from leaders but these people do not have my respect. I need to move on to better ventures, pursue those creative side-projects I've been putting off--they could translate into money down the line.


    spiritual:
  • hungry, unfulfilled and questioning. I often ask myself how, and why? No answers

  • I care less and less about social mores and obligations. What for?


    social:
  • my bestie and i pretty much went our separate ways--was bound to happen. I never thought that it would happen but we suddenly became aware of each others' grating qualities and stubbornness; there was a period of about 6 weeks where we didn't talk--whatevs...



cyclically, this was a 'good' year, and 2009 is due to be a fall from grace for me (oh no!). See:
96 97 98 - relatively good year, tough times as a teenager, triumphant return
99 00 01 - relatively good year, gentle fall, triumphant return
02 03 04 - relatively good year, terrible fall, triumphant return
05 06 07 - good year, terrible year, triumphant rise
08 09 10 - good (enough) year (felt rough, though), ??, ??

I need to break the cycle and keep all the coming years 'good' ones.

Labels: ,

♥♣♦♠