supplementary notes

for my benefit

Thursday, June 19, 2008

⇒ Apple Pandemonium!

Apple's flagship Sydney store launched today. At 5pm the doors opened and rabid Apple-ites went crazy and made alot of noise. Alot of 'whooping', 'woo-hoo', 'yeah!', etc...I was there...lined up for almost an hour to get in but I got me a t-shirt indicating that I was amongst the first 2500 yups/marketed-to to enter the new store.
The line wrapped itself around pretty much the entire block on which the Apple store is situated. In length terms, I guess that's about 3.5 blocks, which is unheard of in Sydney.

It's amazing how nutty people got during the event. It's not like Apple actually gave anything substantial away. The t-shirts came in a slick white Apple box, which led some to falsely believe an iProduct was inside (sadly not).

On the upside, staff were friendly (and in a very 'high-five' kind of mood), some free nudies (health drinks) were passed along and courtesy umbrellas, for when the rain started (you don't get to keep them). Anyhoo, here are some camera phone pics. Can't be bothered to upload the rest...maybe later.


That Apple logo is enormous! It looks like it weighs as much as a small car. I guess it's supposed to be intimidating and make competitors feel small and vulnerable. Good job.

Labels: , ,

♥♣♦♠