supplementary notes

for my benefit

Monday, September 03, 2007

⇒ Discipline

this is the element which has been eluding me for the last few months. My aimlessness and squandering/lack of perseverance were due to my lack of discipline. I have to teach myself to be strong again. I do undoubtedly believe that uni is tying me down, rather than lifting me up (I should have seen the signs--6 years of suppression!).

Change is a curious thing. Months ago, in my mind, change was instantaneous--just drop what you're doing and take a new course. But the dynamics and inner mechanics have been revealed to me. I can't just burn my bridges and references--consider all the effort and time I put into building my professional reputation. Change has to go through diplomatic and bureaucratic channels. A situation must be presented in which everyone appears to win. That is the only outcome which can be accepted.

ALSO: Today, I had my shots today...3 i think...I got tablets to take and noxious liquids to drink at scheduled intervals...

anyhoo, I'll be pretty immunised, come november...

Labels: , , , ,

♥♣♦♠