supplementary notes

for my benefit

Thursday, June 07, 2007

⇒ the tennis

OMGoodness! The French Open's almost over and I haven't even posted! I've been keeping up with it but not posting. This is up to date: Federer: still in with a chance | Nadal: As dangerous as ever | everyone else: goners. My money backs Nadal for another successive Clay title. I reckon he'll be the one to keep Federer from a career grand slam for years--maybe forever. It's hard to see Federer beating Nadal on clay. Anyone but Nadal. Maybe after Nadal retires or (God forbid) is injured. The margins which Nadal regularly disposes of Federer on clay is scary--it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good match though.

>>For an awesome match, see Safin v Federer, Aus. Open 2005

I think Federer's only beaten Nadal once on clay (Hamburg masters 2007). Ana Ivanovic thrashes Kuznetsova. Right after Federer complimented Kuznetsova's game =P. Also, my pick for runner-up: Ivanovic (though I'd prefer if she won)

Terabyte-size drives increasing...only a matter of time before I get one | Microsoft's surface patent. Vector art--is there anything it can't do? | Awesome 7mm DVD burner. Now make a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray hybrid compatible burner of great speed and similar size and we'll talk. | USB 2.0 over power lines? It's official, USB is EVERYWHERE! And EVERYONE! And EVERYTHING! Chronos? Is that you? |N+ level creation competition |

update: Ana Ivanovic destroyed Sharapova in the semi-final 6-2 6-1. She's through to the finals!

Labels: , ,

♥♣♦♠