supplementary notes

for my benefit

Friday, June 22, 2007

⇒ M. S. F.

the title? that's my overall 3rd strike grade today. That's right. Today, I may have fulfilled my 3rd strike destiny: M.S.F. grade! Wtf?!? I've only ever gotten it once before, and that was with system direction (I can't remember who I used for it, either, it was years ago). Today? No system direction, no cheats, just me, Q, the arcade stick and 11 8-star opponents (including Q).

Thrashed many, as their computer attack patterns have become familiar to me, and for 6 battles, received a minimum grade of SS+. True, this is not as high as the XS+++ I got yesterday, or the 5 consecutive-perfect-rounds from opponent 3-5, but nevertheless, my performance was outstanding. I avoided battling Hugo today, since yesterday he showed me Q's most exploitable flaw: low-throw priority. Yeah, that bastard showed it to me 4 times! Well, in my defense, today I obliterated Akuma, Ryu, Q, Urien and Gill.

Q reigns suprme! Total score: 6,26X,XX0. All right! A new record!

I didn't even lose a round!
That beats the old score by almost 2,000,000 points! Just remember, you need high average grade, no continues, about 3,000,000 points when you beat Gill to get a jackpot of bonus points. Using a super finish AND winning rounds perfect, and getting excellent and 20/20 on the bonus rounds also helps.

Other goals to accomplish in 3rd strike? The Dudley juggle, the Makoto dizzy combo, the Yun-Genei-Jin super juggle, the Necro corner elbow-juggle and the charge partitioning fun with Remy, Urien and Q.

Lastly, in the interest of mixing things up and keeping things fresh: I'd like to see Twelve, Oro, Hugo and Makoto in the top 5 scores, probably in that order...maybe Hugo with top grade: M.S.F. against Gill!

this doesn't mean I'm going to stop 3rd-striking!

...it's third strike yo, street fighter 3!

Labels: , , ,

♥♣♦♠