supplementary notes

for my benefit

Monday, August 18, 2008

⇒ burned

an old (financial) wound was opened up today (thanks, DAD!).

Basically, he asked if I'd chip in, and I'm all like, 'yo, sure, but you gotta gimme time to save up n shit...I got other goals to accomplish first'...and he was all jokingly pressuring me to pay him back. So it was a joke but I think from my escalating tone of voice he should have taken me more seriously...

That shit hurts, man. When people keep spending your money and you have to keep putting off your plans for them. I mean it's not like I can say 'no', is it?

What really burns me, grinds my teeth, is that 4500 over 3 years at an average of 6% is close to $800. That really pisses me off. You go and fucken borrow that chunk of money from a bank and see how pleasant they are about getting paid back. And that was casual job money! Do you have any idea how hard it is to knock back going out just to save up hard earned Coles/Aus Post/Myer dough just so someone else could fritter it away? Why did I even bother to save? FUCK!

Labels: ,

♥♣♦♠