supplementary notes

for my benefit

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

⇒ projected outcomes

these are some clips which I will draw ideas from for my projects. The first clip really amazes me in terms of naturalistic style; the entire production feels documentary like, yet we know it's science-fiction and unnatural. The director filmed it in such a manner and with such respect that the whole thing feels very 'real' and possible.



Neill Blomkamp's Alive in Joburg. A short film he made as a demo(?). He was recently attached to the proposed Halo movie (which is now defunct).
This second clip pushes subversive ideas at me and I can't help but make subtle political commentary in my project. The 'war on terror' and its catalyst (?) september 11 will likely be development points for my project (the faux-newspaper editorial) although i will make my McGuffin technologically-driven (that 'remote/phone' which does 'everything').



that 2004 US Election satire.
Apparently the US voting machines were of such poor build quality that your vote could be 'hijacked' remotely.

Labels: , , , , ,

♥♣♦♠