supplementary notes

for my benefit

Thursday, December 21, 2006

⇒ just let your soul glo!

(break: w5d7-->days on break: 42) thursday, 21st dec 2006
went to gym and pool today. didn't really swim but did some cardio--5km in about 49mins. I know, not too impressive but that's really something for me. I've injured for pretty much a year, and then stressed out and pigged out too. So I'm slowly working back up to my 3km in about 20mins best.
metamaterial with negative refractive index | japanese researcher invent completely transparent material. apparently | fermilab's 500 megapixel camera. yep, 500 | electrolux design lab 2006 | EW's 8 boxing movie cliches | David Copperfield meets David Blaine. He's fading! |

in other stuff, i just watched Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. meh. He should do more Beetlejuice and Sleepy Hollow type movies, you know, stuff that's distinctly Burton-esque. While we're on the topic, Johnny Depp was the voice of Victor in Corpse Bride but here's a recap of my favourite roles he's played:
Hunter S Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Vegas
Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Constable Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow
Edward Scissorhands in Edward Scissorhands
Agent Sands in Once upon a time in Mexico

that's all I can think of right now. Personally, his Willy Wonka pissed me off. I don't get the angle. Wasn't really quirky or deadpan or bizarre enough. Gene Wilder nailed the biarre-weirdo-deadpan angle. I know he's supposed to be doing his own thing but what exactly was it? The only good thing that came of it was the "Good morning Starshine" line. I dunno why but it's stayed with me.

...feel it oh so silky smooth, just let it shine through yeah, just let your sooooooooooooooooooooooooooul-glo yeah! Soul-glo. :)

Labels: , , , ,

♥♣♦♠