supplementary notes

for my benefit

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

⇒ you don't know the truth

watched Renaissance today. it was ok. There was 1 pretty good chase scene but otherwise not that groundbreaking. Overall i can't see the justification behind it's black and white animated style. It didn't affect the overall narrative or create any new twists--just for visual marvel I guess.

I personally got lost momentarily whenever the scene cut to the next. The problem was that most of the characters bear too much resemblence to each other and I couldn't figure out who I'm looking at.

I'm guessing the visuals were done with a modified form of cel-shading + mocap + special color behaviours.

I felt it was my duty as a B.Des.Comp. student to view this for its visual offerings anyways. I will be seeing a scanner darkly



...doo-doo d-d-doo dooo d-d-doo d-d-doo doo d-d-doo doo d-d-doo, you don't know the truth, you don't know the truth...
♥♣♦♠