supplementary notes

for my benefit

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

⇒ searing hot weather

it was so hot today, i was flattened by the ambient temperature--it read 27° C but was more like the high 30s...this must be what an oven feels like...killed my run.

2.85 KM in 20'00" and 215 KCALs
The last 0.85 came in about 4'00"...I just had to go crazy to get the average on par.

bench 18x50 = 900

Mostly, running is really tough for me. Shins always hurt, I feel bloated, crampy, stiff or dehydrated. Or some combination of all. But I'm starting to feel even worse if I don't run. In fact, all the times outside of the run (before the run, after the run) I feel even better. The goal was to originally get back down to 70kg, but with my current diet and daily routine, I don't think that's possible. The way I used to live then (flush my system with water, wait for 2-3 hours, gym for 1-2 hours, each time running 5.0KM in 30° C heat, coming home and resting up, doing it repeatedly for 6-8 weeks) and the way I live now (work all day, quick gym session, irregular sleep) are markedly different. Noticeably, my benching has improved--certain muscle groups are much stronger than before, but at the same time, my curling has plummeted. That wrist injury years ago really messed me up.

visits since 21st sept '08: 41
#visits per mth: 14 | 12 | 15
3 mth ave: 13.66
ave cost per visit: $4.39

gym membership days remaining: 4
year 2008 days remaining: 13
days til christmas: 7

Labels: ,

♥♣♦♠