supplementary notes

for my benefit

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

⇒ PS3 day

PS3 finally arrived! Actually very excited (I've studied the specifications--it's impressive). A number of things I continually griped about though: multiple SKU debacles, is/isn't backwards compatible, number of ports constantly dwindling, offensively high price, no HDMI cable bundled in box, etc.

Anyhoo, I upgraded it right out of the box and got it running with a tasty 320GB HDD. 40GB my ass! Btw, download the latest firmware (v. 2.42) here: PS3UPDAT.PUP

I suppose after I get a game and HDMI cable, I'll let you know how things are, but so far, as a media jukebox, it's not doing too bad (not able to handle media as diverse as my lappy, but much more powerful--then again, my lappy cost 5 times as much!).

Register it here Sony rego

Labels: ,

♥♣♦♠